Monday

Handprint Leaf - Craft for babies to school aged kids!



Fall into Autumn by Creating a Creative Keepsake!

Leaves
by Elsie N. Brady

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.

At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.


The weather is changing and the leaves are falling! 

Bring your little ones over to our house for a keepsake craft you
can give as gifts for Thanksgiving or keep for yourself! 
Please bring a tile that will fit your child's hand, bring a big one
if you'd like to do more then 1 hand print. 

*The Dollar Store has some plates with a leaf pattern if you'd prefer to do this on a plate.

This playdate is potluck as usual, please list any allergies in your rsvp as well was what Autumn themed snack you'll be sharing with your friends.

Directions will be sent out the night before the event to all Yes rsvp's. 
We have a small dog and outdoor kitty.




I had my 18 month old do this handprint, it took a couple tries but she finally lost interest in squishing her fingers on the tiles slick surface.  Thankfully I have a box of baby wipes next to me to quickly wipe off the "mistakes" and re-apply the paint to her hands.  Yes, we did take a shower afterwards since she puts her hands in her hair immediately.

We used the washable Crayola tempura paint; Green, Yellow, Orange, and Red.  I painted her hand with the lighter colors first then dabbed on the darker colors.  I wanted the leaf to look as if it was laying down or falling so I had the tile diagonal when I placed her hand down.  As usual I painted my fingers a bit so when I took her hand I didn't take any of her paint off - oddly enough, if my hand isn't painted a little as well I seem to be concerned with getting some on me.  This is weird since I'm covered in paint or glue most of my day anyway but if you ever find yourself hesitating due to not wanting to get paint on yourself - PUT it on yourself and you'll be able to grasp your child's hand and move her fingers however you wish!

After her handprint dried I used the back end of the paint brush to paint on some leave veins.  I let that dry then outlined the hand print in a leaf shape with gold glitter glue.  This is at our Dollar Store almost year round so I use it often!

After its all finished I sprayed it with an enamel to seal it.

No comments:


Search & Win
  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...